Cold winter winds not only affect your immune system, they even affect your skin’s natural defending shield, thereby leading to chapped lips, sore red patches, and flaky skin.
This is why winter skin care isn’t just a good idea… it’s a necessity.
By tailoring your daily grooming routine, you can prepare your skin for cooler temperatures and ensure you maintain a healthy, fresh look.
1. Exfoliation is still a must: Summers or winters, dead skin cells are bound to occur. However, in winters, you should exfoliate only once or twice a week. Use an exfoliating scrub that contains glycolic acid as it helps to breakdown cell bonds, thus making it easier to remove dead skin and debris that accumulate on your skin.
2. Moisturize more often: As the dead skin cells are removed, your skin needs to be moisturized properly so that regeneration of cells can happen smoothly. Moisturizer also helps keep your skin hydrated. When choosing the right moisturizer, do consider your skin type.
3. Use SPF: During the cold and dark days of winter, you tend to neglect using SPF. However, you should know that anytime you head outside, protecting your skin from the sun is important. Use a good SPF in accordance with the winter weather. It not only protects your skin from sun damage but even helps in fighting aging signs.
4. Use lukewarm water for the shower: Steaming hot shower can be enticing on cold days, but you should keep your shower lukewarm. Using extremely hot water can dehydrate your skin, sucking away all the moisture and making it look dull. So use warm water, and once you are out of the shower, cover your body with a suitable body lotion to lock in moisture.
5. Drink plenty of water: It’s a tip often thrown around in the summer, and it becomes easy to follow when you desire a nice cold drink. However, when winter sets in, all you desire is hot tea and coffee. But you should remember that water is the hidden product in any grooming guide. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water – it will give your skin the essential vitamins and minerals needed to look healthy and happy this winter.
Follow these DIY tips while also pampering your skin with one of our exclusive body treatments to enjoy great skin this winter.
Call 800-COOL (2665) to book a treatment at our Business Bay or Oud Metha branches.