Ingrown hair and zits are common skin problems most men face, which skin experts believe can affect any area of the body. These skin conditions are not only unsightly but also become rather painful if not treated on time.
While most men consider popping a zit or plucking any ingrown hair they come across, it is not the best approach for handling this common concern. Breaking the skin can cause further infection, redness and irritation. This is why skin experts advise to apply a hands off approach to combat bumps and blemishes.
Let us explore some quick tips as shared by our skincare experts, to help you get rid of zits and ingrown hair.
Tips To Treat Zits
- Use cleansers and spot treatment creams containing Salicylic acid – helping in exfoliating your skin gently to unclog pores, and remove all signs of dirt and impurities which are known to be zit causing factors.
- Follow a healthy skincare routine by cleansing and moisturizing your skin on a daily basis. This will prevent accumulation of dead skin cells and dirt.
- Make some healthy changes in your diet. Eat vegetables, whole grains and fruits while pushing aside all sources of junk food which cause acne.
- Incorporate facials as part of your skincare routine – they not only tackle immediate problems caused by acne-affected skin, but also address the cause, giving you long term results. To combat zits, we recommend a deep cleansing facial; this addresses the problem from deep within the skin.
Tips To Treat Ingrown Hairs
- Exfoliate your skin with a good grainy exfoliator twice a week to get rid of any dead skin cells thus keeping your skin smooth.
- Always use a sharp razor. You will not get a close shave if you are using a blunt razor, increasing your chances of getting ingrown hair.
- Prep your skin by wrapping a warm towel around your face and neck for a minute before shaving. As hair absorbs the hot water, it will become softer and easier to cut.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth, it is comfortable and helps in avoiding ingrown hair.
- Invest in a good shaving gel to get best results, also minimizing the risk of ingrown hair.
Try these tips to combat zits and ingrown hair – and invest in good skincare to keep such unwanted skin conditions at bay.